Tuesday, July 10, 2012

checking in

Hi!

This past week has flown by in a blur!  It always does when my boss goes off on holidays and I have more work days than I normally am use to.  

Believe it or not but I managed to sneak in a bit of crafting.  Still not 100% finished as first I ran out of thread.  Then, I ran out of light (the sun has been hiding behind the darkest clouds).  Also it's cold and wet.  So I have been in front of the heater (again) with a few hand sewing/ stuffing projects.

But I have no pictures of them as my days have been regimented into:

1) get up and go to work early in the morning.
2) come home 5.30pm and tiredly think about whats for dinner.
3) Order takeaway because I am too tired and nobody else wants to cook.
4) Veg out in front of heater as its freezing cold.
5) Flake out at 9.00pm and get shooed off to bed.

Doing this everyday.

One miracle or blessing for me was the pile of dirty dishes that had stacked up by the sink were magically washed clean!!!!  "Whats going on here?" I thought to myself.  Also "What has he done/wrecked that needs this big suck up?".  Nothing as it turned out.  Must just be that love thing again.

I promise some photo's as soon as the sun gives me a little bit of light. (Not of the washed dishes or that love thing..sorry.  Just the crafts I have been doing)

I do have a bag that I made a few weeks ago and never got around to blogging about because I am not that happy with it.  Its too small to be any use to me.  Really, its about the size of a pencil case and should have a zip closure not a flap.


What I do like about this bag is what the flap is made out of.

My old sofa!  Yes I love recycling and when I couldn't keep my extremely comfortable sofa any more because it was becoming very worn out, I cut off and kept all the good bits of vinyl, calico, and stuffing.  Very soft fluffy stuffing for my softies and the calico will become some dolls.  The wooden frame is looking like it may become a mobile hen house!

So don't throw away your lounge suit.  There is a crafter's delight hiding inside.


3 comments:

jane p said...

I've never considered making my sofa into a bag flap. Very good idea. But it does take a lot more work to turn something old into something new.

Merry said...

Now that is recycling for you....great use of your sofa. Wish that magic dishing fairy would come here.

Karen said...

Your days sound rather similar to mine. I take my son to bed and we read together and then I go to bed. Its generally lights out for me by 930. The book falls on my face after a couple of pages. The bag looks cute but I wouldn't be able to fit all my stuff in it. I love how you recycled your sofa. Mention that to a non-crafter and see their reaction. Could be interesting and good for a laugh.